Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Day 9...errr...10...errr...11?

D Sharon Pruitt
Yeah, so I missed this weekend completely!  I guess it should be no real surprise, but it kind of was for me because I normally don't have so much going on.  In a way, I suppose I can say that I exercised on both days (Saturday and Sunday) because on Saturday I danced the night away and hobbled home thanks to my hot new shoes.  On Sunday I spent my evening traipsing through a Halloween themed amusement park and, once again, hobbled home (different shoes).  My feet never fully recovered from breaking in those new shoes on Friday and Saturday.  The sad part was that I actually got in soles for them on Saturday, but I didn't put it on the balls of my feet, which was where it was painful.  I suppose these are excuses for not exercising, but to be honest, Saturday I really did contemplate it, but the pain was too real and it was late.  As for Sunday, well.... I didn't even bother.  I mean I thought about working out, but quickly dismissed the idea in favour of defrosting under my covers.  Again, I could have done my workout in the afternoon, but I kept making excuses to myself about taking a nap on Sunday, which I did briefly, and running errands on Saturday, which I also did and took up far more time than I'd have liked.  So now I find myself two days behind schedule.  Also, by the time this is posted it is technically Tuesday, but really I started writing this on Monday, in case there is any confusion about being two days behind.
So what to do?
Cameron Casson
Resume.  I worked out tonight at Level 1.  I was going to start Level 2 on Day 9, but I am going to postpone it for a few days and just go for it when I am ready.  I find that when I plan things, I feel like there is so much pressure.  It kind of reminds me of school and being forced to make deadlines.  As so many people have told me, you have to be ready.  I think that I need a happy medium between the two.  Either way I guess I will pick up where I started.  I shall call this Day 9 of the Shred since technically that is the day I am on.  I must say though that I ate well this weekend.  Aside from drinking a ginger ale on Friday night, I had salad and salmon at the dinner on Saturday and didn't bother with the potato and on Sunday....wow Sunday was the ultimate of all temptations.  I resisted funnel cake AND a chip shop!  Yes, that is right, I, the chipaholic, resisted the chippery.  How did I miss this place when I was at this same theme park in the summer?!?!?!  I was pretty much standing right beside it and never really checked it out when I was there.  When I first saw the name of the place on Sunday it looked vaguely familiar, but I had assumed that it was some British place that sells fries, but no, oh no, they make fresh potato chips there in a whole bunch of flavours.  You even get to see them be made AND they are served HOT!  I must confess that amongst the three people who offered me, I said yes to one chip from one person and said no to offers of more.  The restraint I exercised even impressed me.  I was near salivating.  Oh and the funnel cake.  There are so few times that I actually get to have funnel cake....real funnel cake!  I watched people leave the shops with their big plates of funnel cake, strawberries and ice cream and told myself I could have one next summer.   There were a lot of temptations at the amusement park, but fortunately I didn't crumble.  I did do a lot of walking though and had fun.  So I'm happy about that.  I'm also happy to say that at the end of the night I didn't have any of those familiar feelings of guilt and disappointment that I normally have after overindulging in one of my favourite foods.

3 comments:

  1. you resisted funnel cake? Wow...that's amazing. I love that stuff!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It may have been off your plan a bit, but you'd probably be surprised how many calories you burned with all that dancing and walking... Seriously! Check out a calories burned calculator (I use this one: http://www.healthstatus.com/calculate/cbc).

    Congrats on all the resisting! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @anna - oh yeah, the smell alone had my mouth watering!

    @Chibi - Thanks! I always forget how effective walking is. It seems so simple, but you're right!

    ReplyDelete