Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Day 5 of Shred - Whipped

I don't know if it is the workout or the fact that I've been waking up at an obscene hour or maybe that I might be fighting off a cold that is going around my family, but I am exhausted!  I just finished my workout with Jillian...haha I say Jillian as if she is my personal trainer...well the video kind of is, but I'm getting off track.  So yeah, I just feel really tired right now.  I do tend to feel whipped and sleepy after working out, which is why I like to train at night or early so that I have enough time to pop in a nap after.  I wonder it is my body's way of saying give me some recover time.
Overall, I find that this is very challenging.  Not just the workouts, which kick my butt everyday, but also the healthy eating.  I just wish I knew more snacks to eat other than fruit.  I am sorry, but fruits can be sooo boring.  I went grocery shopping today and bought some strawberries, raspberries and blackberries so that i'd have something to snack on, but I know myself, I'll get bored of that in a few days.  I wish I knew recipes for healthy and delicious snacks.  As much as I love hummus, preferably in falafel, it just doesn't cut it for me.    Oh well.  I will have to do some research in that regard over the next few days.

Side note:  I saw this article about this person who put a McDonald's Happy Meal on a shelf six months ago and it was quite disturbing.  The Happy Meal didn't have any fungus on it.  The fries looked like cold fries, but that is it!  So surprising.  I'm expecting to hear that this is a hoax in a few days/weeks, but it definitely makes me think about what I am putting into my body whenever I eat McDonald's.  The really sad part about this is that my mind still strays to how good their food tastes.  Sad.  But I guess I'm still in food addiction recovery.  Always on my mind.  Every day is a battle, but it'll get better over time.

2 comments:

  1. It can be hard to stay motivated when you KNOW you're going to be tired after a workout: I'm so impressed that you plan for it instead of using it as an excuse (which is what I would likely do... ).

    I saw an article online once about a McDonald's ham(cheese?)burger that a woman had kept in a Tupperware-type container for something crazy like ten years and it LOOKED THE SAME! O_O Scary, scary stuff. Ah! Link! http://www.sott.net/articles/show/166694-12-Year-Old-McDonald-s-Hamburger-Still-Looking-Good

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw that same article about the hamburger...good motivator. :)

    I usually feel energized after a workout which is why I do them in the morning. Yeah, good for you recognizing it and not using as an excuse.

    ReplyDelete