Monday, October 11, 2010

Day 4 of Shred - Lunges, Smunges

I say lunges, smunges (yes, I know it isn't a word, but it rhymes) because man, do I have a love-pain relationship with them.  The set in Level 1 of the Shred are tough in my opinion, but I suck at lunges.  Here are a few things that I have learned over the short period that I have had doing lunges:
1) I suck at them
2) They make my legs burn
3) I'm not really a fan of my legs burning
4) I know that the fact that my legs burning is good so I try to tough it out
5) Lastly....Doing lunges in your barefeet hurts your toes.
Despite all of the above, lunges are supposedly effective.  I, like so many, have dreamed of slim thighs that don't touch or at least that don't touch so much that the most worn part on all my pants isn't the inner thigh area.  Honestly, some of my pants feel like velvet in that area (jeans included).  I've even had to retire some pants because they've gotten holes there.  It also doesn't help that I'm not a fan of shopping.  Shopping for clothes and shoes can be frustrating.  It would be nice not to have to get my pants adjusted or a dress adjusted because nothing fits properly (I'm very much a pear).  But, oh well, that is my present reality.  As for shoes, for some reason shoe stores tend to only carry one or two pairs in my size (10 or 11 depending on the store).  Every time I go into this one store they always say that they can order my size for me, but I have to pay for them first.  I haven't even tried them on!  They say they'd do an exchange if it didn't fit or if I didn't like it, but that is too much hassle for me.  I don't want to buy a pair of shoes that I haven't tried.  This was also the same store where the salesperson told me that they only carry two pairs in my size and that she wears the same size as me.  Hint! Hint!  In other words, she nabs one before they even hit the shelves.  But whatever, I don't blame her!  C'est la vie!  Shoes are fun, but I am trying to be more fiscally responsible for the next little while.  Eating healthier should hopefully work to my advantage.  It mostly relies on me not eating out as much.
Anyway, I decided not to weigh myself until the morning of Day 8 because then it should be a whole week.  I will also bust out the measuring tape and take my measurements to see if there are any physical changes.  I have already noticed that climbing stairs aren't as hard as they were this time last week.  Yay for small steps!
As they say in Italy, Ciao! Ciao!

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good on you! They say that the first week of something like this is the hardest and you're at day 4 already? Go girl.

    Thanks for joining us on Weigh-In Wednesday. Have you set any mini-goals for yourself for the coming week?

    I removed the last comment for I had problems with the blogger login thing

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Catherine:)
    My goal for the coming week is going to be to actually go to 2 gym classes. I'm part of a gym but for some foolish reason I've always been too intimidated to go to a class. In the many years that I've been part of gym, I've only ever been to one class. Sad, but true. I guess I am too concerned with what others think. That is another thing I need to work on.

    ReplyDelete