Sunday, October 10, 2010

Day 3 of Shred - Working on Moderation. A definite work in progress

Day 3 is down yay!
Today I bought five pound weights from Walmart.  I picked up the two and three pound weights first and thought that those would be too easy, but how foolish I was.  I wish I had at least compromised on the three pound weights.  Some of the moves I couldn't even do with the five pound weights.  It was, oh, so sad.  I couldn't even lift the weights as high as my eyes with my arms fully extended in front of me.  Oh the burn.  My arms are pretty weak not to mention sore....well everywhere is sore.  Jillian is kicking my butt:)  Since tomorrow is Thanksgiving, Walmart and all the other stores will be closed, so I'm going to have to use a couple cans tomorrow and get the three pound weights on Tuesday.  Hopefully by the end of this I'll be able to use the five pound weights again.  I just don't want to strain anything.

Food wise, I cheated.  Here's the run down of the bad stuff:  I ate a couple (15, yes I counted) smarties (which are like m&m's but smaller for those who don't know what they are) , one oatmeal raisin spice cookie and two mini samosas.  However, I did eat well today.  Plenty of bran flakes, yogurt, eggs, salad, a little basmati rice and some canned salmon.  I also declined an invite to go out to eat tonight.  I figure what is the point of eating out when I'll only be tempted to eat bad stuff and at this stage I think it would be too much temptation for me.  Maybe in a few weeks when I have more will power.  Instead I stayed home and made curry chicken, which was delicious.  Tomorrow's lunch is going to be great!  Don't you just love that feeling?  You know, the one where you are excited about what you're going to eat because you know it is good.  I just have to remember not to go overboard and binge eat just because it tastes so good.

Working on this whole will power thing definitely takes practice.  I guess I just have to keep in mind that treats are okay every once in a while, but in moderation.  Moderation.  There's a word that I never fully understood.

No comments:

Post a Comment