Saturday, October 9, 2010

Day 2 of Shred

Well I went to work today and when I came home it was beautiful outside.  Now, you might think that I was about to say that I decided to take a nice walk or jog to soak in this lovely fall weather, but no.  Instead I opted to watch Legion while I contemplated my dinner and what I would take to work for lunch.  Dinner was pretty healthy.  I had leftovers from yesterday (courtesy of allrecipes.com) which was a little rice, some garlic and parmesan cauliflower with chicken.  I ended up chopping some veggies and added that to my rice and chicken leftovers so that I could bring that for lunch tomorrow too.  I made sure it was more veggies than anything else (red bell peppers and spinach - I love peppers).  I figured I'd be nice to my co-workers and not eat garlic parmesan cauliflower for lunch, even if I do bring a toothbrush with me to work.

 I did my workout before preparing for bed again and I feel like I am feeling it more today.  When I went to sit down just a few minutes ago my legs were definitely sore from those squats.  So I'm pretty pumped about that:)  Those pushups and squats are harder than I thought.  Also, who'd have thought that jumping jacks and skipping rope would be tiring or am I just that out of shape?  All in all, I'm still struggling with temptation here and there.  I have managed to limit myself to a couple candies or joubjoubs today, but yay to day two without chips.  Tomorrow is another day so I'm gonna go cold turkey!  I also tried an Americano Bold from Starbucks today and it was pretty darn good.  I really needed it at one point today when all I wanted to do was sleep.  If you're wondering how much sugar I put it, I put two splenda packs and used Skim Milk.  So yay to progress on day two:)  I have to drink more water though.  Fortunately I found my water bottle so I can use it tomorrow and in future.   I figure that I might weigh myself on Monday to see how I've done over the past three days.  I just have to remind myself that if I don't see any weight loss it doesn't mean that I haven't made any improvements.    I wonder if it is better to wait a full week before weighing myself though.  I guess I'll see how I feel on Monday, which is Thanksgiving here.  Oh the temptations, but I'm going to be strong.  Turkey has never been a favourite for me anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment