Friday, October 8, 2010

Day 1 of Shred

So day one is down in the books for me.  I only did the 20 min workout on level one and I must admit that it was tough.  I even broke a sweat.  I also got a reality check when I hopped on the scale and realized that in the past two months I put on 10 lbs.  (insert big sigh here).  It is so easy to start the woe is me rant and why do I do this to myself, but that woe is me rant normally involves a big bag of chips and me making excuses about going to start eating healthy next week.  I said that to myself the second last week in August and I'm pretty sure a few days later I was chomping down on another bag of chips.  But there is always a light at the end of the tunnel.  Just got to suck up the pride and start eating healthy.  No more caramel macchiatos, I guess.  Peppermint tea with one sugar it is.
The biggest challenge for me, I think, will be work.  I'm a shift worker and working those crazy hours and being exhausted results in me drinking coffee.  What is my favourite coffee to drink that I know will help me make it through the early hours?  Starbucks.  What am I going to do tomorrow when I am exhausted out of my mind?  Not sure.  Maybe an Americano?  We shall see.  Any suggestions?  I guess we'll see how tomorrow goes.  I think that I'm going to force myself to do 1/2 hr on the elliptical tomorrow in addition to my Jillian Michaels video.
Otherwise, I did fairly well today.  I did have a small piece of my nephew's pizza today and two candies.  Otherwise I ate fairly healthy.  Tomorrow is another day:)

No comments:

Post a Comment