Monday, October 25, 2010

Day 15 - OMG Level 2 is no joke!

So I finally got 2lbs weights from the store (I got 5 lbs weights but quickly realized I was dreaming, so I was using cans for the past few days) and they are so much better than the cans!  2lbs weights made the workout more challenging for sure, so it was a worthwhile purchase.  I also knew that once I bought them I could finally start Level 2, which I did.  OMG did I suffer through that cycle!  It is no joke for sure!  There is definitely nothing easy about Level 2 at all!  At one point Jillian says something like you probably think I'm crazy and people say it all the time and yeah, that was exactly what I was thinking.  At the end of the workout I was flopped on my mat in exhaustion.  Despite the suffering, the burning and the exhaustion, I am very pleased with Level 2.  I think that there will definitely be some big changes if I continue to give it my all, eat healthy and do it every day.
Andrea Rinaldi
As for my eating habits, well today was pretty challenging.  I had some pretty bad food over the past 24 hours.  I went to a baby shower, so I had some cake (a small piece), a samosa and a couple other breaded miniature meat patty things and a couple mini quiches.  All of which were delicious.  Also, I wanted to do some experimenting so I made butter chicken, but I used Becel instead and used low fat yogurt and half and half cream (1/4 cup).  Over the past 24 hrs I had two servings.  On top of that I also caved when I was out with friends and had a slice of pizza (it had mushrooms on it - but also some bad stuff) because I made the mistake of not eating any dinner before I left.  I was making the butter chicken that night and was rushing to get ready while I finished cooking.  Very bad.  I tried to hold off for the longest while, but the smell was overpowering and I was starving.  Figures.  Oh well.  Lesson learned.  Always eat before going out because you're less likely to cave and eat bad stuff.  I'm supposed to go out with a friend from out of town over the next few days, show them around etc, so it will be a challenge, but I plan on enjoying myself.  Fortunately we'll be doing a lot of walking, but I'll still try not to over indulge.  As Jillian said in Level 2, I just have to think of going jean shopping or swimsuit shopping.  We all know how depressing that can be.  Speaking of which, I have to find an outfit to wear for my cousin's post wedding wedding reception, for those who couldn't make it to the destination wedding.  I have to check out my closet to see what I have.  Hopefully by the time Christmas rolls around I'll be able to fit into one of my old dresses from days gone by instead of having to buy something.  That would be nice.

1 comment:

  1. I play this game with myself when I go out to dinner. I order the salad or something equally as healthy and low-fat/low-calorie. I eat that and if I'm still hungry and it doesn't satisfy me then I let myself have the bread or the fried things. No, I don't do this all the time but it helps me get used to not giving into the cravings just because I'm eating out. :)

    congrats on the work out. I can only imagine Jillian must be a challenge.

    ReplyDelete