Sunday, October 24, 2010

Day 14 - not giving 100% and some whining

So I finished my workout for day 14, but I definitely didn't give it my all.  I'd like to blame my cold and sure it is partially that and my being tired, but really if I want to see change I have to shape up.  I sweat a little, but not as much as I could.  I definitely have to work on some of my form.  I think that I was also really distracted.  I have so much to do over the next few days that it won't even feel like I have days off.  I really have to learn how to say no to people so that I can get a break, but then again most of the time I just sit on my butt and do nothing so I guess it is nice to get out there.  What can I say, I'm Canadian and we like to complain?  Yeah, that's right, I said it:)  And it is true.  What I mean to say is that not too long ago I was complaining about how I don't really have a life anymore and that my job is destroying my social life.  Now that I have plans all the time, I am complaining that I don't have enough time to myself.  That old saying about being careful what you wish for is true.  It is not to say that I don't want to go to functions etc, but I would like one day to myself to do whatever I want.  Having no plans can be a lot of fun, so long as you are able to make plans with others when you want.  I need to stop complaining and start living --- and putting more effort into my workouts.

2 comments:

  1. A lesson I'm learning at the moment ... balance in all things. Sounds simple, but hard to do not only on an activity level but also a mental level.

    It's okay to have off days, just don't turn them into off weeks and months! Be gentle with yourself....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a good point Catherine! Thanks! I have to learn how to make sure they only last the one or two days though. I find that I make a lot of excuses and before I know it it is a whole week and then two and then a whole month "off". I guess I need to work on the mental aspect of it. I find I'm okay once I get into a routine. Once I'm on that routine, which normally takes me a while, I am fine if I go off for a day or two, but I can't go more than that or I won't go back.

    ReplyDelete