Thursday, October 21, 2010

Day 11 - fighting a cold

Lucky number 11 is here, yay!  My workout went well today.  Really well actually.  I decided to stick to my working out after I come home.  The whole notion of being able to sleep after a workout is fantastic, to me.  What I need to work on now is the fact that I'm hungry when I finish work at 3am or 4am and often want something salty.  Today I just had a couple strawberries and some crystal light lemonade in order to cut the cravings.  Small steps.  This is definitely better than going through McDonald's drivethru, which was my old routine.  My poison of choice?  Combo #1 (Big Mac), with Large fries, Water (me being healthy - fooling myself was more like it), ketchup and three or more packets of McChicken Sauce (aka Mayo to the rest of the world).  I would mix two packets of ketchup with one packet of McChicken Sauce and make "special sauce" so that I could dip my fries (delicious).  I used to dream of the fries and the "special sauce".  That alone had me going to the drivethru at all hours of the night.  Then, when I was done eating it all, I would try to hide the evidence.  I would shift things around in the garbage, put it in the big garbage bag in the garage instead of the kitchen garbage, hide the wrappers in my car and/or under my bed (used to do this with chips bags as well... it started when I was a preteen).  All of this was done in order for others not to realize how much crap I ate and to convince myself that I didn't have a problem.  But to me that is a sign of a problem when you are almost always hiding the evidence.  Then I'd feel bad because I had to hide it and I knew why I was hiding it.  I guess we can only learn from our mistakes and move on.  That is the challenge.  Well that and not letting this cold that I feel coming on take a hold of me.  Here's to battling on!

No comments:

Post a Comment