Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Trucking along

Check in - this is going to be brief. Heading to the gym tonight after work for sure! I prefer it when it is less crowded (see previous post). I've been eating fairly healthy this week with the exception of one pulled pork sandwich, which was delicious and three ribs. Otherwise it has been mostly vegetables on my plate with a little meat/seafood and rice or pasta. I try to eat the veggies first before the other stuff that way if I get full, at least I cleaned the veggies off my plate. This morning when I weighed myself (heard somewhere best time to weigh yourself is in the morning, before you breakfast - I wonder how true that is though) I had gone down approximately two pounds. Not sure how accurate it is, but slowly dropping, which is the healthy way. Plus, when I went to the doctor to find out how my cholesterol (good and bad), sugar and blood pressure was, she said it was excellent:) I'm very happy about that since heart disease, high blood pressure and cholesterol runs in my family. So yay! Now I just have to keep working on being beach ready in the summer. But let's face it, I don't know when I'll ever be completely comfortable in a swim suit.

1 comment:

  1. I agree 100% on the gym thing. I know I *shouldn't* care what other people think of me, but I can't help it. :-s

    Congrats on the loss! I try to eat my fruit/veggies first so that if I end up full, it will be the rest of the meal that gets left behind. :)

    ReplyDelete