Friday, June 11, 2010

A day of rest

So far I'm doing fairly well with my desire to go to the gym three times, minimum, a week. I've gone twice for the week and planning on going tomorrow. Yesterday when I went (it was pretty much empty - yay!) I was even adventurous enough to try a new machine. It works your butt and thighs, both of which are my target areas. It was fun and a lot less intimidating than I thought it'd be. For the longest time I was always weary of the weight machines, but now not so much. It is a little awkward when there are a whole bunch of people there and you're trying to figure out how to use the machine properly, but after you figure it out it isn't so bad. I credit two friends of mine with helping me overcome those insecurities enough to try the machines.
Anyway, I'm still a little sore from my workout yesterday, which is good I guess. I decided to try a new routine. Normally I do 1/2 hr of cardio and then try to squeeze in weight machines for the remaining 1/2 hr, but I find I am normally rushed for time and don't get to do what I want to. So this time I flipped it. I mostly spent time on different weight machines, then did 15 min of cardio and a little floor work. They say you need to switch it up, so we'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment