Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Check In

Yesterday, I had the wonderful experience of using a tighter notch on my belt. So things are gradually coming along. I really need to take my measurements. Yesterday, I also went to the gym after work and did mostly strength training. Next trip to the gym will focus more on cardio and floor work I think.
Food wise, I've been using allrecipes.com to make all kinds of delicious recipes. I've been substituting and adding more vegetables to the recipes and they have turned out well. I've also been using the leftovers for my lunch/dinner at work which saves me time. I'm still eating some not so good things once in a while (small bag of fruit snacks or a handful of bits and bites), but now I'm coming to realize that I have to allow myself some of those things otherwise I'm more likely to fail. The nice thing, I think, that I've realized is that when the really bad food tempts me (i.e. Big Mac and Large fries with Mayo and Ketchup or a big bag of chips) I just think of all the hard work that I've done and how it would suck to start all over again (which is essentially what I am doing now after gaining everything I lost last year). Not fun. I've also made a commitment to myself to see if I can go until September before I touch a small bag of chips. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. Woo hoo! Go, you! :)

    It sounds like you're doing great on the food front, too. Good luck with the chip goal!

    ReplyDelete