Thursday, November 4, 2010

Day 25 - oh the Halloween candy

With Halloween having been this past Sunday a lot of the Halloween candy has gone on sale.  Can you say temptation?  I have been snacking on it most of the day, which is sooo bad.  That old saying of Lays "betcha can't eat just one" totally applies to me with twix or snickers bars.  Oh so delicious and oh so bad.  I think with it being small it is even worse because you can kind of trick yourself into thinking, oh I only had three and that isn't even one Twix/Snickers bar.  *sigh*
In other news, I took a nap this evening....completely unintentionally.  My friend sent me a text message around 9pm and I didn't realize that I had even fallen asleep.  I was so tempted to go back to sleep and I probably would have if we hadn't been talking for so long.  There was also the temptation to skip my workout tonight.  Today the temptation was stronger than usual, I blame the Halloween candy.  Fortunately I toughed it out and forced myself to workout.  In the end I'm glad that I did.   Five more days of the 30 days shred.  I think that I'm going to start planning my workout schedule because I need routine.  If I don't I'll fall off the bandwagon.  I think the worse part is when you have workout out so hard, spend hours of training, grimacing, sweating and suffering and then you gain it all back or more.  That has happened to me a few times and it was never a pleasant feeling.  Back then, it signalled the end of my once great metabolism. Now, it means the beginning of living healthier.  I want to be one of those 90 year olds who is still mobile and who has their wits about them.  That'd be nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment